Sunday, March 25, 2007

On the subject of Ads

I was doing my daily clicking for credits for my ad account tonight and I happened to notice...again, how many Ads are out there with miss- spellings, incomplete headlines and broken or miss- placed links. Oh yea, then there are Ads that no longer work due to who knows why. Maybe somebody got dumped. That would suck. If your company policy is that they can terminate you for any or no reason or discontinue your use of their web sites, well my advice is to look into that Before you join that company and All your hard work and effort go down the proverbial toilet.

Onward and forward... there are somethings you should know and if you don't know then prepare to take notes ;)

1. Make sure you Spell out what you are typing correctly. Use that spell checker . It's just more Professional and that Is what you are working for yes? Would I bother looking at someones site when the spelling is simple awful? Probably not. When I am loooking for anything I would like for the person with whom I would do future business to at least have an education. Sounds harsh when spelled out that way but the truth is I'm betting most of you would feel very similar.

2. If the word does not fit on your headline... choose another word or write another headline that fits :) Why? I can't speak for other's so this is just my view. When I can't see the whole picture I figure whats the point of making the effort to actually spend much time there? I am as busy as the next and the best chance of getting my attention is to have a whole sentence I don't have to guess at :)

3. Make Sure your Link Works Before you put it out there! Oh my God it is So frustrating to go to a page where I have to guess who the owner is that sent me there.I bet you've been there done that :) An Ad hooks your curiosity and you open the link and they want the Name of the person who Referred you! No getting in until you fill in that little box with the correct information. OOOOPs!!! Mostly I'm betting you have No Clue. Off you go to another page and that poor person who obviously doesn't Know what the problem is , is still out there also clicking their fingers to the bone pretty much for nothing and wondering Why their page is not drawing them In! Huh, go figure. Type the URL in your browser window and see if it goes where it's supposed to. SAVE yourself a LOT of Frustration and Check that link Before you put it out there :)

3 little things to check Before you put an Ad out and it could save you time and maybe make you more Money. :) Of course there is the issue of writing good Ads. Well, I am not an expert on that so trial and error is how I deal with it. Make sure you have a way to Track your Ad and that goes a long way to helping you develop Better Ads. If your not getting what you think you should be... change the Ad. The simple little things in Life you can do to make your business more Successful.

Hopping off my soap box for tonight :) Make each day a Great One! Keep it Positive...You have the Power of Choice.

No comments: